Yesterday Apache has released its next iteration of JMeter version which is 5.4. You can check my last article about JMeter 5.3 and its features. This blog post deals with Apache JMeter 5.4 features, bug fixes, and enhancements.
How to download Apache JMeter 5.4?
Go to https://jmeter.apache.org and click on the relevant package file as shown below.
After downloading, check its integrity using SHA512.
Apache JMeter 5.4 Features
Mostly bug fixes in this release, not a handful of new features. So, do not expect too much :).
If you are working in GraphQL performance testing, you can now leverage GraphQL HTTP Request Sampler as shown below.
If you need to retrieve the embedded resources using the URLs filter, you can leverage URLs filter as shown below in HTTP Sampler and Request Defaults.
HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder
HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder underwent major changes with improvements as shown below. You can use the format string and suffix while recording. Also, you can toggle the GraphQL detection while recording.
- You can now set the JMSType in the header via the Properties in JMS Samplers.
- You can now send the raw results to Influx DB backend as shown below.
- In HTML Dashboard, the text has been changed from KO to FAIL.
- Icons are small in this release (bug or feature) and JMeter Plugins icon blended with the JMeter icons.
- You can add the additional SecurityProviders via the command line using the below syntax.
<full qualified classname>:<position>:<config-string
- Fall back for JMETER_HOME env variable
- Korean Translation
- JARs have been upgraded notably: neo4j driver, commons, log, Rhino etc.
- My bug has been fixed. Yay!
Apart from the above changes, there have been fixes, enhancements, updated documentations etc. You can check the complete history in here.
It is recommended to upgrade to JMeter 5.4 for the better performance and for improved features.