AWS Lambda recently added support for Docker images with Python, where before you had to zip all your code and dependencies. With this update I wanted to make a full length tutorial to cover everything necessary to be productive.
The playlist is broken into six parts:
- An introduction to the app that will be built and the various AWS components that will be used
- Cloning the GitHub repo and doing necessary setup to test the application locally
- Creating a Docker image of the Python script and running it on AWS Lambda, while also showing how painful it is to do even minor updates
- Adding CI/CD with GitHub Actions to speed up code updates
- Adding AWS Cloudwatch to create a cron job that schedules the Lambda function to run on periodic intervals
- Walking through an AWS Cloudformation yaml template that will create the Lambda function and Cloudwatch rule automatically and covering all the benefits of using a Cloudformation template
This tutorial truly is end-to-end. If you enjoy the content, you can help me a ton by doing any or all of the following:
- supporting me on Patreon
- subscribing to my YouTube channel
- liking and/or commenting on the video
- sharing the video or channel on any platform (reddit, twitter, discord, etc.)
- starring the GitHub repo
- following me on GitHub
Any questions or requests, just leave a comment.