Ecommerce marketing is a combination of strategies that allow you to promote your products and sales online. With these digital marketing channels, you can keep your products in front of potential leads, which helps you earn more sales.
The following are the top 10 Ecommerce marketing strategies:
• Search engine optimization (SEO)
• Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
• Email marketing
• Social media marketing and advertising
• Content marketing
• Find your target audience
• Influencer Ecommerce marketing
• Quality product photographs
• Referral Marketing
Search engine optimization (SEO) helps you to boost your e-commerce website rankings in the search engine results page (SERP). Users explore search engines to obtain the products they need. When they search, SEO helps your products visible on search results.
It helps you attract more traffic on your website, attracts relevant shoppers, and upsurge conversions and sales.
• SEO optimizes keywords related to your products ensuring your products appear in relevant searches.
• SEO optimizes mobile-friendly site by blending responsive design and user-experience that 90% of consumers expect on smartphones.
• It improves your site loading speed enabling your users to shop quickly and check out faster.
Pay-per-click (PPC) is a paid advertising marketing strategy that allows your products to appear in front of interested prospects. It helps you to reach the market where most people likely to want your products.
The main advantage of this ad is you have to pay only when someone clicks on your ad. PPC ads 50% more qualified leads than organic visitors, it helps you earn more revenue for your e-commerce business.
• Paid search ads appear on the top of the search engine results page above organic listings targeting the chosen keywords.
• Paid display ads appear on Google’s Display Network, showcasing visual ads to your relevant prospects.
• Google Shopping ads place your products at the top of the search results next to competitors' products; it is a vital paid marketing that earns more sales to your e-commerce business.
Email marketing is the best strategy that enables you to send tailored messages and newsletters to your subscribers who are interested in your products.
The subscribers are people who are interested in your products. With email marketing, you can convert them into sales.
• In email marketing, 41% of prospects engage with tailored content or messages sent to them. Email marketing services provides you an opportunity to drive more sales.
• Email marketing helps you to encourage the people to reconsider the purchasing, whose cart filled with selected products.
• Email marketing allows you to conduct surveys with your audience and get feedback on your products, site, delivery, and more, it improves your user experience.
Social media plays a vital role in the e-commerce marketing plan. It improves the visibility of your products and helps them reach the target customers.
Social media marketing services helps you build brand awareness and increase the conversion rate to your business. It is one of the best ways to connect with your prospects.
Social media advertising enables you to put your brand and product ads in front of your prospects. There are three types of social media advertising photo ads, video ads, and carousel ads these ad formats help you reach your target audience.
• Social media is the best platform to post your content, videos, images that attract conversations, traffic, and sales.
• It's the best place to keep all your followers updated on your products, amazing deals, and other information.
• By creating polls or questions, you can collect the response from your audience and reply to them; this creates a positive impression of your business and improves sales.
Content marketing is the most crucial strategy for e-commerce digital marketing agencies. It enables you to share your knowledge with your audience.
• Blog posts create the best opportunity to share knowledge about your products; it helps prospects to know more information about the product.
• You can also create video content to provide more information and confidence for your audience in purchasing your products.
• Infographics content helps you easily explain complex processes in a visually appealing construction.
You need to be more specific while choosing your target market than people who want to buy products. When determining your target market, you need to look for a distinct buyer group. You have to consider these steps to know your target customers:
• Demographics: Age, sex, salary, location.
• Interests: hobbies, affinity categories.
• Personal: goals, challenges, values, fears.
• Picture Your Potential Buyer
• Sub-set Your Customers
• Conduct Surveys and Take Customer Feedback
• Know Your Promoters
• Track Your Competitors
• Re-evaluate Your Marketing Efforts
Influencer marketing has become one of the top hums in internet marketing. The reason behind its success is that it works.
Influencers are individuals who are passionate about a particular niche and attract followers by sharing their interests. When you collaborate with them, they influence their followers to buy your products.
To get most of the influencer marketing, you need to target one's followers who are related to your niche.
• Influencers built relationships and trust their followers; they respect his/her recommendations.
• Influencer marketing improves your brand awareness and makes people know more about your products and the solutions you offer.
• As they are already in tune with the needs of the people, they educate and inspire their audience.
Quality photos would benefit you more than just selling your products. It helps you expand your brand and brings in new audiences. These compelling images create an opportunity to improve organic traffic, boost brand awareness, and sales.
• These images improve the audience sharing rate and crowdsourcing marketing efforts.
• The high-resolution photos, including close-ups, and multiple angles, give the viewer enough visual information.
• Images show the sense of the lifestyle you’re promoting along with the product.
Retargeting is the method of sending ads only to the targeted users who have visited your brand or site. Facebook and Google AdSense both rule the kingdom of retargeting; they have strong retargeting capabilities.
It focusses only on people who:
• Have recently visited your website
• Customers having purchased history from you
• To your email subscribers
Last but not least, the most trustworthy e-commerce marketing strategy is referral marketing. Its people's nature to share their experience with their family and friends. It helps them to avoid bad experiences and support positive experiences.
• Provide an offer of discounts on referring a friend improves social media shares and mouth to mouth marketing.
• Promote your referral program as much as you can, share it with your social media audience, and email subscribers.
• A refer-and-earn campaign can help you increase your business, improve brand awareness, and marketing ROI.
Besides many e-commerce marketing strategies, these 10 are the most effective strategies. These strategies range from free to pay, time taking to instantaneous, and used as a single strategy or multiple combinations together.
If you need any assistance for your e-commerce site or marketing, get in touch with the ADing Agency and see how we can help you.