In the last week we did more documentation improvements, worked on metadata support for thresholding and requisitions, added gNMI support to the OpenConfig integration, made Helm impromevements, and did lots of other bug fixing.
- Bonnie worked on improving installation documentation for Minion
- Chandra did more work on adding metadata support for thresholds
- Ronny and Bonnie worked on moving our documentation rendering to Antora
- Christian updated the
nodeDeletedevent to support more log message fields
- Chandra worked on adding gNMI support to the OpenConfig integration
- Dustin made improvements to hostname resolution handling in flow queries
- Mike fixed a bug in the OIA where alarm type was not being set
- I worked on trying to fix up CircleCI builds to rely less on hitting (flapping) upstream package archives
- Ronny worked on a new PRIS release using the new documentation workflow
- Christian worked on adding support for setting metadata in requisitions
- Jeff worked on an ancient request to add custom string attributes when collecting on complex SNMP indexes
- I worked on fixing Helm in Grafana 7
- Jeff updated the Helm
nodeResources()function to allow showing the resource label or name, as well as being able to specify a resource type
- Patrick fixed an issue in flow ReST queries when no data is available
Thanks to the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jeff Gehlbach
- Mark Mahacek
- Mike Kelly
- Patrick Schweizer
- Ronny Trommer
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The next OpenNMS release day is October 6th, 2020.
The current plan is to release Horizon 26.2.2 as well as Meridians 2018, 2019, and 2020.
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 27.
It's going to contain a bunch of great stuff:
- improvements to node caching for flow processing
- VMware meta-data has been moved from assets to the new node meta-data
- Minion improvements, including configuration enhancements and an overhaul to RPC thread-handling
- a new handy global search bar in the web UI
- improved SNMPv3 auth configuration
- a major rework of remote poller functionality, now integrated with the Minion (we're calling it Application Perspective Monitoring)
Meridian 2020 will be based on Horizon 26.1, and should have roughly the same featureset as Horizon 26.1.3 plus a few bugfixes we've made since then.
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
- HELM-95: Expose Resource Label attribute to Grafana variables
- NMS-10554: nodeDeleted event should contain more information
- NMS-12498: Determine migration process
- NMS-12794: Add support for meta-data on single-DS threshold definitions
- NMS-12814: Interfaces incorrectly marked as having flows resulting in no data via Helm
- NMS-12914: Nullpointer in Time Series Integration Layer when query leads to no data.
- NMS-12917: Update Minion installation documentation
- NMS-12921: Application link on start page redirects to start page
- NMS-12923: Integration API: Alarm.type is unset