In the last week we did more bugfixes, merged a bunch of build updates, continued work on moving the remote poller to the Minion, and integrated OpenConfig support.
- I merged a bunch of Ron Roskens' cleanup in tests and dependencies as part of his work to get OpenNMS building under JDK 11
- I finally finished my branch fixing up Systemd PID-handling and startup
- Patrick, Dustin, and Christian did more work on trying to wrap up transitioning the remote poller to the Minion
- I prepped branches and merging for a Meridian 2020 release
- Jesse did some work on making a Maven archetype for creating OIA plugins
- I did a few more cleanups and improvements to CircleCI workflows and smoke tests
- Jesse merged the OpenConfig telemetryd branch
- Bonnie updated the requirements to Helm in preparation for a 5.0.3 bugfix release
Thanks to all of the following contributors for committing changes since last OOH:
- Benjamin Reed
- Bonnie Robinson
- Chandra Gorantla
- Christian Pape
- Dustin Frisch
- Jesse White
- Patrick Schweizer
- Ronald Roskens
Note that this is just based on current plans; dates, features, and releases can change or slip depending on how development goes.
The next OpenNMS release day is September 1st, 2020.
Currently we expect new bugfix releases from Meridians 2017 through 2019.
Also we'll be releasing Horizon 26.2, which will add OpenConfig support on top of the existing Horizon 26 stable codebase.
Barring complications, we also expect to release Meridian 2020 (based on Horizon 26) during the September release window.
The next major Horizon release will be Horizon 27, due in 4th quarter 2020.
It's going to contain a bunch of great stuff:
- improvements to node caching for flow processing
- VMware meta-data has been moved from assets to the new node meta-data
- Minion improvements, including configuration enhancements and an overhaul to RPC thread-handling
- a new handy global search bar in the web UI
- a major rework of remote poller functionality, now integrated with the Minion (we're calling it Application Perspective Monitoring)
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
- HELM-251: update requirements
- NMS-10627: Errors in runjava script
- NMS-12676: Dynamic service scheduling: Service lifetime
- NMS-12729: Create OpenConfig Client to collect/digest Telemetry data
- NMS-12769: opennms.pid missing when started by Systemd
- NMS-12828: Fix CollectdTest mock'ing errors
- NMS-12829: Fix JMX datacollection config generator test
- NMS-12830: Remove unused import in BsonUtils
- NMS-12831: Update mockito/powermock dependencies
- NMS-12838: Add events for new Application Model
- NMS-12842: Remote Poller: add remote outages to UI
- NMS-12849: Remote Poller: remove not longer used role ROLE_REMOTING
- NMS-12850: Remote Poller: remove references to old remote poller from documentation
- NMS-12852: Remote Poller: remove old Distributed Status Summary UI
- NMS-12854: Prepare Meridian 2020 release
- NMS-12855: create Meridian 2020 branches
- NMS-12856: create PoweredBy 2020 repo
- NMS-12857: Add documentation for OpenConfig feature
- NMS-12858: Create Meridian 2020.1.0 Documentation from Horizon 26 "What's New"
- NMS-12859: Remote Poller: Remove LocationSpecificStatus
- NMS-12861: Remote Poller: Fix the remote flag