... has been full of studying a bunch of MVVM and programming best practices:
- async commands
- weak event handling
- Nullable reference types
Read a whole bunch of blog posts and docs and started to build my very own and highly opinionated MVVM framework.
I know there are a bunch of MVVM frameworks out there. I somehow feel uncomfortable to blindly use one of those nowadays. Some haven’t been updated for months/years, while others are somewhat blown up just to fit in any situation - most of which I don’t need.
I prefer to keep things simple and abstract only the minimum requirements [for my style of MVVM]. My idea:
- Core Package with
- a really simple IoC container (like the one in MvvmLight)
- both synchronous and asynchronous ICommand implementations
- weak event handling as seen in Xamarin.Forms
- utilizing Nullable reference types
- platform specific packages on top of the core library
- others if needed...