This article will help you with easy steps for Netgear router setup using the Netgear Genie user interface.
To configure your Netgear WiFi router:
- Unplug your existing modem and your Netgear wireless router power cords. And if you have a back-up battery on your cable or broadband modem, then remove it temporarily.
- Make sure that you have a set of Ethernet cable handy with you.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect it from your existing modem to the internet port of your Netgear wireless router.
- Connect the second Ethernet cable from your computer or laptop to any one of the LAN ports of your Netgear wireless router. Wait for some time for the LED lights to become stable.
- Open a web browser on a computer or laptop and type routerlogin.net or Netgear router login IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- Enter the default login credentials.
- A Netgear router login page display.
- Click on Advanced > Setup Wizard > Yes > Next. Now, the Setup Wizard will automatically detect your internet connection. It will take a few minutes to finish the Netgear wireless router setup process.
- The Congratulations page appears. Here, you have to click on Take me to the Internet option to check the internet connection.
Thus, in this way, you can easily install your Netgear WiFi router using the smart setup wizard. In case, the default login credentials do not work, then it means that you might have changed the admin details. If you fail to recover your password, then you have to perform a factory reset to restore your Netgear WiFi router back to its factory default settings.
To reset your Netgear wireless router:
- In the first place, make sure that your Netgear WiFi router is plugged in to a damage-free and working power outlet.
- Now, on the back, side or bottom panel of your Netgear router, locate the factory reset hole or button.
- Take a paper clip or any thin object. Insert the object into the reset hole of your Netgear router.
- Hold it for a couple of seconds and after that, release it.
- Your Netgear router resets successfully. You can now access the routerlogin net login page using the fresh username and password.
If you want to protect your internet from unknown people of cybercriminals, then it is essential for you to change the default login credentials on your Netgear WiFi router.
- Open an internet browser.
- Type routerlogin.net into its address bar. In case, you found that Routerlogin net not working then you can use your Netgear router's default IP address.
- Now, the Netgear router default login window will appear.
- Enter your Netgear router's username and password and click on OK.
- Select the Wireless option and enter your new network name (SSID) in the network name (SSID) field.
- Now, enter your new password/passphrase in the Password (Network Key) field and click on the Apply button.
Note: It is advised to create a unique SSID of 6-8 characters and a strong password of 14-16 characters. Do not use dictionary words. Make use of digits, numbers, and alphabets.
Our guide on how to set up Netgear WiFi router using the Netgear login page ends here. If you want more Netgear router troubleshooting tips, then feel free to reach our technicians anytime via toll-free number 1-844-897-9854.