Through the Netgear Desktop Genie, you can access your Netgear router remotely and configure its settings without any issue. In this article, we will provide you with some demystify steps on how to enable remote access for your Netgear router using Netgear Desktop Genie. Read on.
A computer or laptop (wired or wireless).
A relevant and up-to-date internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Opera Mini, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome.
Latest version of Netgear desktop Genie.
Unable to access Netgear Genie router login page via desktop Genie.
Fail to make changes to the Netgear router settings remotely using desktop Genie.
Download Netgear Genie app on your local computer, laptop or remote computer.
To remotely access the Netgear router using Netgear Desktop Genie:
- Load up the Netgear desktop Genie software on your local computer or laptop. Connect it with your Netgear router.
- Click on Router Settings and then select Remote Access.
Note: If you automatically get logged in after clicking on the Router Settings, then click on Logout to go back to the Netgear Genie login screen.
- Click on Sign up and create a valid Remote genie account.
- Carefully fill out the blank fields and then click on Create.
- Once the remote account has successfully been created, click on OK.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. Load up your e-mail and click on Confirm Email. This will confirm your e-mail account.
- Once your e-mail account has been confirmed, navigate back to Netgear Genie router login page.
- Access the Netgear router login Genie page using the Genie account you just created.
- Register your device by clicking on the Register button.
- Once your device gets registered successfully, click on Logout.
- Load up the Netgear Genie setup software using your computer or laptop.
- Click on the Router Settings button (left-side).
- Log in using email ID and password.
- Once you are logged in successfully, a cloud icon will appear.
- You can now easily manage or edit the Parental Control, Guest Access, Traffic Meter, Wireless Settings, and Reboot options. Simply click on the tabs located at the top to switch to another option. Note this down that other options will be available in the future updates section.
- After changing your Netgear router settings just click on Logout and exit from the Remote access.
Note: In case, you click on the Unregister button, you might lose access to the remote connection. So, you will need your local computer or laptop again and go back to the Netgear desktop Genie software. To regain access, log in to your Cloud Access account and click on the Register button.
Our guide on how to remotely access Netgear WiFi router using Netgear Desktop Genie ends here. If you need any help, simply drop your queries into the comments section. We are always ready to help you.