(1) Read full article.
(2) Nothing magic happening. Article let you know about advantage of using of desktop in cloud.
(3) MBPS / GBPS are written in capital letters for shake of easiness. Please refer screenshots in article also disclaimer at end. Everyone knows difference between Mbps and MBPS.
(4) If you don't know anything thing about VDI or Remote desktop, you will feel something like " Free Electricity".
(5) If you find title a clickbait. You are most welcome to close this article and browse some other.
I've got 'GigaFiber' as an internet plan at home. My plan gives me about 1000 GB per month at a speed of 1GBPS, which is then reduced to less than 1 MBPS. I've hardly been able to exhaust 1000GBs.
A week ago , I decided to exhaust all these data and see exactly how the devices run at a speed of less than 1 MBPS.
All of the devices are very slow ... Hardly capable of surfing the internet at this speed.
I've been experimenting to bring the full Gnome desktop environment to my remote desktop. Gnome is very resource-intensive, so Xfce is recommended as the first and last choice for every remote desktop.
However, I considered it a challenge made some changes to Gnome Desktop to make it behave as lighter than Xfce as a remote desktop.
Yes to my surprise, the remote desktop (gnome) is acting faster than its counterpart Xfce. Also, I was able to bring a full gnome desktop inside the browser tab.
700Kbps Home Desktop Speed is enough to render the UI of my remote desktop in the browser. Since my remote desktop has a speed of 200 MBPS, I can surf the net at a speed of 200 MBPS even at a speed of fewer than 1 MBPS.
Also you are most welcome to join OPEN SOURCE INTELLIGENT SYSTEM (OSINT) if you can help in open source project regarding safeguarding humans from various diseases like CORONA outbreak
Contact email: Manishfoodtechs@gmail.com.
If you have any problem, our team is also engaged in professional consultancy and delivery.
Update: please note:
(1) Here speeds are notionally written in capital letters MBPS / GBPS for shake of easiness. Be bit practical.
(2) I am surfing my remote desktop in browser. My desktop speed is less but my remote desktop is having very good speed.
(3) This is custom built remote desktop. This is why I am able to have gnome desktop as remote desktop .