This age calculator has been designed to calculate your current age based on the input provided in the ‘Date of Birth’ field. Alternatively, you can enter a date of your choice in the ‘Current Age or Age as of’ field to know your age at that particular point in time.
Additionally, this calculator can be used to determine the age of things such as a historical monument or a vintage/collectible item. For such calculations, enter the date on which the construction of the monument was completed or when the collectible item was procured in the ‘Date of Birth’ field and the present date in the ‘Current Age or Age as of’ field to calculate the age of the monument or the item.
The calculator displays the age in terms of years, months and days. It also has a ‘Singular Expression’ section where the calculation is shown in months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
What is an age calculator?
An age calculator is a digital tool that can be used to calculate the age of a person, place or thing, based on the information provided in the calculator.
How to use this age calculator?
By default, the calculator shows the present date in both the ‘Date of Birth’ and the ‘Current Age or Age as of’ field.
To calculate your current age or that of an object/thing, fill the ‘Date of Birth’ field with relevant details and leave the ‘Current Age or Age as of’ field as it is. On the other hand, to know how old you were or would be at a certain point in time, fill the ‘Date of Birth’ field with relevant details and enter the required date in the ‘Current Age or Age as of’ field. This process can also be followed to determine the age of a place or thing as of a certain date.
Here is a list of the steps that need to be followed to operate this calculator:
- First, select the relevant month, date, and year from their respective drop-down menus in the ‘Date of Birth’ field
- Now, fill the ‘Current Age or Age as of’ field by selecting the relevant month, date, and year from their respective drop-down menus or leave the field as it is (as per your requirement)
- Then click on the ‘CALCULATE’ button to get the result
- To make a new calculation, click on the ‘Clear’ button to reset the calculator and enter new data, as per your requirement
What does the output page of this calculator show?
- The output page has two sections:
- The main output section displays the age in terms of years, months, and days or as is applicable
- The ‘Singular Expression’ section segregates the whole duration/age and displays it either in terms of months and days or weeks and days or only days or hours or minutes or seconds
How does this age calculator work?
India, as a country, is an amalgamation of cultures where various types of traditional calendars are followed. Prominent among them include the Saka Samvat, Vikram Samvat, and the Hijri calendar. But, when it comes to official purposes, the Gregorian calendar is the calendar used in India as well as various countries around the world.