iPS 230: ChibiStudio
This podcast may not be playable in the browser
Special Guest: None
In today’s episode, the iPhreaks panel, Erica and Gui talk about his app ChibiStudio, the challenges and lessons learned, and specifically about how it's like to have a freemium app in the App Store. The app allows people to create their own avatar, or Chibi, that they the can share through the iMessage app. This is a great episode to learn about the thought processes that go into creating a new iOS app.
In particular, we dive pretty deep on:
- Where did the idea for ChibiStudio come from?
- iMessage apps
- How to improve the iMessage app success
- Free app with in-app purchases. Why?
- Different theme packs, especially during holidays
- Balance between free content and paid options
- Corporate outreach
- Developing your own brand
- Small and specialized audience
- 2 pathways to monetary success
- Using ads in apps
- King Games
- Ethical apps
- Lessons he’s learned from developing
- And much, much more!