I recently started to learn Angular and as an exercise I decided to write a self-hosted chat client based on the IRC protocol.
There are still a couple of missing features, but it works, it's kind of cute and so I decided to put it on GitHub and share it.
Discreet (codename: ng-web-irc)
Features in brief:
- responsive and adaptive layout that works both on desktop and mobile
- supports different locales
- emoji and IRC color codes decoding
- nick auto-complete (by start typing
@and a few initial letters)
- public/private message notifications
- automatic media urls parsing (e.g. gets and displays YouTube video info)
- automatic video playlists with integrated video player
- integrated YouTube video search
- dark theme
This project was generated with Angular CLI version 8.3.5.
ng serve for a dev server. Navigate to
http://localhost:4200/. The app will automatically reload if you change any of the source files.
Serving files in for a specific locale
ng serve --configuration=<lang_id> (eg.
ng serve --configuration=it for italian).
I hope you like it and perhaps find it useful =)