A Search box will allow you to quickly get the matching result when you have the identifier. This page will guide you to learn the steps to create a search box in Excel with the VLOOKUP function. Let’s get into this article!! Get an official version of ** MS Excel** from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/excel
Search Box in Excel is a customized function that is used to search anything in a worksheet. Instead of using the formula, you can use the search box to get the result.
For instance, you have a student’s mark list, and you need to find the one student’s mark from the data. The below steps will help you to achieve this work.
- First, we will give the input values in Column B to Column G.
- Then, select the cell J4 , where we need to display the result.
- Click the “Formula” tab from the Ribbon.
- Here, we will select the “Insert Function” option.
- Search for “VLOOKUP” then select to “Go” option.
- The VLOOKUP function will appear in the below box and click on the “OK” button.
- Now, it will open the “Function Arguments” window. In the 1st box , you need to enter the lookup value which you want to be found.
- In the 2nd box, we will select the data range from the worksheet.
- The next box consists of column numbers , where the lookup value will available.
- In the last box, type “False” to search the exact matching value [True= Approximate match], and click the “Ok” button.
- Now the result will display in the selected cell.
From this guide, you can easily understand the simple steps used to create the search box with the VLOOKUP function in Excel. Let me know your thoughts in the below comment box. We will assist you!! To learn more about Excel, check out Geek Excel!!