So I've been writing Markdown for years but never thought of using an official editor. I do use the ones that come from the Jetbrains suite (PHPStorm, WebStorm, Intellij, ...) but the plugin and default markdownn editors seem a little buggy in UI mode, so I keep them in text view.
I do miss my VI/M shortcuts (wanna learn vim? checkout Marc's post on it, there are 9 parts!, they are amazing!) in it but I guess I can live without them for the benefit of seeing both my raw markdown along with the UI version.
So list your editor, or if you just stick to raw. Thoughts on the topic? Editors, plugins, or anything else that is cool for Markdown.
I'm looking forward to your thoughts.
I took the time to create a list and find the links to the referred editors suggested, for your easy use!
- StackEdit (browser) | https://stackedit.io/
- Typora (osx, windows, linux)| https://typora.io/
- Quiver (osx) | http://happenapps.com/#quiver
- Neovim w/ markdown preview plugin | https://neovim.io/ with https://github.com/iamcco/markdown-preview.nvim
- Ulysses (osx) | https://ulysses.app/features/
- VSCode w/ Markdown Preview Enhanced | https://code.visualstudio.com/ with https://shd101wyy.github.io/markdown-preview-enhanced/
- Joplin (osx, windows, linux) | https://joplin.cozic.net/
- Boostnote (osx, windows, linux, mobile?) | https://boostnote.io/
- MWeb (osx) | https://www.mweb.im/
- The Archive (osx) | https://zettelkasten.de/the-archive/
- Geeknote (terminal) | http://www.geeknote.me/
- Bear (osx|ios) | https://bear.app/
- MacDown (osx) | https://macdown.uranusjr.com/
- HackMD (web) | https://hackmd.io/
- Markor (Android) | https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.gsantner.markor
- Notion (desktop, ios/android) | https://www.notion.so/
- VimR (terminal)| https://github.com/qvacua/vimr
- Markdown Mode (emacs) | https://jblevins.org/projects/markdown-mode/