Good frontend developers read a lot.
But stepping away from the screen doesn’t mean you can’t keep learning:
It’s 2020, and top-notch podcasts are always three finger taps away!
Plus, their audio format lets you optimize time spent exercising, commuting, or cleaning up.
Now the tricky part is, you guessed it, finding the right ones.
Good news is I already skimmed through the noise and found the signals.
The result? 16 quality JS-related web shows you’ll draw value from.
Let’s get to it.
- Podcast must be still running—no dead or sunsetted shows.
- Podcast must have social proof (Google/iTunes rankings, featured in publications, personally recommended by seasoned developers).
- Ratings and stars are fetched from iTunes directly.
- Description is fetched either from iTunes or official site.
- Featured episode must be JS-related or recent + relevant to web development.
- Featured review is fetched from iTunes when available. No negative reviews features—these shows made the list for a reason.
- Podcast platforms linked to, when available, are Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Pocket Casts, and Stitcher.
- Use the comments to request addition of new shows or podcast platforms.
Note that I’ve added 3 framework-specific shows for Vue, React, Angular.
→ Read the full post here