After a few weeks work, I'm happy to share tripcoster.com.
For me, figuring out where is good value to travel to for a break away has always been a hassle. I don't know the specific dates I might want to go on, I just sort-of want to browse. I want to ask an app "How much would it be for a weekend in Amsterdam, travelling from Dublin". So, I built one. :)
Of course, you can also search specific dates too.
- Kiwi/Tequila for flights. I found this one a lot easier to work with than Skyscanner - although it can be quite slow for the vague queries
- Hostelworld for accommodation. So far this has been reasonably solid, apart from the odd bit of downtime/errors.
- Unsplash for the photos - I actually need to add in the image attribution...
I'm pretty happy with the app so far. But, plenty more todo
- Other accommodation sources. Airbnb/Booking.com for some hotels/apartments etc
- Integrate Numbeo - an API for telling you how much stuff costs (like beers, for example) - so you can compare the cost of actually being somewhere, not just getting there and staying there.
- Dynamic URL routing. At the moment, you can't share a search result link. That kinda sucks. For now though, it works.
- MAYBE user accounts and saving trips that you want to go on. Not sure about this one just yet. I quite like not needing a database for this app...
Anything else? Would love feedback on design, functionality etc.
PS: I know the results can be slow to load, I'm working on backend caching and also I've some ideas to keep the user occupied while the app waits on the API response :)