What I built
HostelMan: A hostel allotment and management system. Digitised the process of hostel room allotment.
Think Outside the JS Box
No Live Deployment
- Application: here students apply and upload their documents and then id of this form is sent for document verification through kafka.
- Consumer: here we're consuming the Kafka messages and marking forms as verified.
- Payment: here the student can pay for their form and finalize their allotment if it has been verified.
Link to Source Code
(What made you decide to build this particular app? What inspired you?)
Mine and every other students' frustration and wastage of countless hours led me to develop this. I've created this to ease the process for both students and administration while also providing transparency.
How I built it
(How did you utilize MongoDB Atlas? Did you learn something new along the way? Pick up a new skill?)
Used MongoDB Atlas:
- as primary database for storing students, staff and rooms info
- for storing payment reference per form
- in depth docker networking
- in depth Rust dependency management
- hands on Kafka, plus, using it as a message queue
Currently uses stripe as payment provider
I intend to extend this project to
- support multiple payment providers
- enable AI based document verification
- support real-time availablity update
- support full text search over students collection for admins
Oldest comments (0)