I am super excited to announce the latest major update of Flutter Gems.
In you are new to the Flutter ecosystem or have not heard about Flutter Gems before, it is a curated package guide for Dart + Flutter ecosystem where the packages are neatly segregated based on functionality.
So what’s new in this update:
We have now added 1200+ new packages to Flutter Gems which brings the total package count to 4000+ 🎉.
These packages are spread across 157 categories, and the following 12 new categories have been introduced:
- Storybook or Component Driven UI Development packages which help Flutter developers in building UI components and widgets in isolation so that you can easily design, test and iterate to build the perfect component.
- Persistent Storage packages have now been split into SQL Database packages (embedded or on-device SQL database packages and utilities) & NoSQL Database packages (embedded or on-device Document Datastore & Key-Value Store packages).
- Health & Fitness packages assist in connecting your Flutter app to HealthKit, GoogleFit and other APIs.
- Web3, Crypto & Blockchain is the hottest new addition. Don’t forget to bookmark it, we will definitely see a lot of new developments in this field.
- Image Cropping is one of the most commonly used Image manipulation activity that is undertaken in an app. We now have a dedicated category to solve all your cropping needs.
- Dual Screen and Folding Device UI packages help you utilize the full potential of the extra screen so that you can craft wonderful User Experience.
- Widget Rendering and UI Generation packages help you in building UI on the fly. Just supply the requisite JSON or specified format (cloud or device) and let the magic happen!
- Device Preview, Screen Capture & Screenshot packages help you add the ability to capture screenshots via your app.
- Packages which can help you add React like Hooks in Flutter, so that you can have a robust and simple way to manage the widget lifecycle by reducing duplication and increasing code sharing.
- Code Generation & Serialization (JSON, other formats) packages
- MS Word, ODT, Google Doc packages
We have refreshed our website to provide better user experience on larger screens (reduced scrolling and better drawer navigation).
We introduced a new search tool in our mid-January update to filter categories based on keyword or package name. In this release we have made further improvements in the tool.
You can also follow us on Twitter for latest updates. 👇