(Cover photo by Goran Ivos)
Today I'm going to customize the terminal of Ubuntu 20.04. I've always been a great fan of this style:
So I decided to install and customize something like that, with extra features. I watched this video to help me go through the basic steps in order to achieve that.
The steps that I made:
- Open a terminal and run
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install zsh -yto install ZShell
- Enter in OhMyZsh repository
- Install git (in my fresh install it didn't come installed):
sudo apt install git
- Download and install ohmyzsh via curl running
sh -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ohmyzsh/ohmyzsh/master/tools/install.sh)"
- Change default shell to zsh
- Download and Install Hack
Regular Nerd Font Complete.ttffrom this link
- Change Font to Hack in Zsh Preferences
- Set to run the custom command
/bin/zshon instead of my shell in Command tab
All those actions gave me this result until now:
It's a long process. I'm at time 3:02 of the video, and I'll continue on another post. So far have been very easy and fun!