While casually browsing through YouTube on my Mobile, I accidentally stumbled on a workaround to skip the annoying Ads that YouTube makes us watch(if we don't have a Premium A/c).
It only takes about a second or two to skip an Ad with the method I've described below :
- Open YouTube App on you mobile device.
- Click on a Video that you think will definitely have an Ad.
- When the Ad starts playing, tap on YouTube Shorts section in the bottom navigation.
Opening the YouTube Shorts section while playing a video doesn't close the Video player.
- Tap the go-back button on your device as soon the shorts section becomes active.
- Voila, the Ad has been skipped! You can resume your video where you left it.
You can open & close any nearby YouTube Short video for this to work.
Note: If you don't see any YouTube Short Videos in your app - I recommend you update the app and check again.
Here's a video demo of skipping the Ad:
After doing this trick, YouTube doesn't show Ads for a significant amount of time. Maybe this is just me. ＼（〇_ｏ）／