Yes - their devices sell slower than iPhones, but their tech contribution is much higher.
Just to mention a few:
- Amoled displays, screens that are best in class
- Wireless charging (standard since Galaxy S5)
- Curved displays
- The S Pen, yes, they were first
- Variable aperture camera
- Biometric Authentication - do you remember the fingerprint scanner on the back of the Samsung devices that could tell your heart rate?
- Oh, and the foldable screens
There are successful companies and there are impactful.
Samsung is impactful.