i haven't posted since may. well a lot has happened since may 16. i haven't found a job, yet, still. but i have had a great summer and am now ready to put my 110% in on looking for work.
let me tell you a little bit of what has happened:
- i'm pissed at myself for spending 2 years coding and now only just feeling like i understand things - anyone else feel this way?
- i had a few on sites at places that i thought were awesome but they all passed on me
- one place sent me a vague email saying "can we chat?" after the on-site where it made me believe i had somehow gotten the job, only to be on the telephone getting a rejection. that was horrible and i hope never to experience that again.
- i realized i have not been studying a good way for me and have found what works best for me is EVERY day looking at code rather than study for a few days and then nothing.
and now for the positive part of what has happened:
- i finally understand global and local variable scopes!
- i can solve Fizzbuzz in my sleep
- i understand iterations
- scope and hoisting in JS are tough but i think i finally cracked them
- i understand closures and DOM
- i'm surprising myself with how much i do understand
it's been a tough 7 months and i am struggling daily to not feel like i've wasted money, time and let people down but i know that something is coming on the horizon. whenever i feel as though nothing is going on for me something ends up popping up.
tell me, how did you stay focused during your job search to get your first job in tech? or if you're looking like me, what do you do to keep yourself motivated?
i am going to try and write weekly. lets see if i can do that!