After a dozen of commits and a couple of grey hairs later I managed to refurbish the www.bookmarks.dev and make it more "sociable". The main goal of the website remains to ease the management of dev bookmarks, but we can all profit from each other's useful resources, so you too can start sharing.
The grey hairs are probably not from programming, but rather from programming in "lock down modus". You know kids, playing, cooking etc.
and among new functionalities are the following:
- see in your feed you see on top public bookmarks tagged with the tags you are watching
- you can use the All public toggler to see all public posts, except **the ones tagged with the **tags you ignore
- directly follow or ignore tags where ever they appear, by click on the arrow beside them
- there is a User Settings Page where you can upload your profile picture (defaults to Gravatar) and set links to your personal website and social media accounts.
- you can Copy to mine public bookmarks worthy of your personal bookmarks collection (this replaces the Favorites functionality)
- Edit / Delete buttons are much slicker and placed besides the Share button
The User Dashboard has also got some new features:
- in My Tags section you can see listed the tags you are watching / ignoring at the top
- Following lists the other members of the community you are following
- Followers lists the members of the community that are following you
You can see a user's profile page once he publishes public bookmarks.
You expect there to find a profile image, website, social accounts (all editable via the settings page), most used public tags and recent public posts.
A lot. I managed to reach some milestones in the past month, but there are still lots of enhancements to develop and I could really use a helping hand. To list a few:
- add notifications - Github issue
- comments for each post - Github issue
- show following user post on feed - Github issue
I've got to go build some legos now. For bugs and suggestions I am looking forward to your feedback in the comments bellow.